Tuesday, February 1, 2011

manAtees

I can not stop drawing manatees.

I recently traveled to Florida to visit my best friend and while there I had an amazing opportunity to swim with wild manatees. Manatees are practically dinosaurs, they are an ancient 50,000 year old species and I'm fairly certain their sole purpose is to swim around and be awesome.
They're continuing to do a great job at this.
Unfortunately, manatees are becoming extinct for a number of reasons, but the most infuriating is that they are slow swimmers and don't stand a chance against fast motor boats. Their closest relative is the elephant and their behavior resembles a cross between a cat and dog.

So here's a picture of a manatee hanging out with this snazzy older gentleman.


Photobucket

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This makes me think of something that might happen in a 21st century version of Alice in Wonderland. I dig it!